Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Soap reviewed by The Soap Bar


I know I make awesome good soap because my customers rave about it. They say things like "the aroma lasts the whole bar. I've used soaps and the aroma dies before you're done with the soap." Or they say "Your soap lasts a long time". But honestly I rarely use someone elses handmade soap from start to finish. So I don't always know how mine is stacking up against the competition. Naturally I was thrilled when Joanna at the Soap Bar, an experienced soap maker and soap enthusiast, reviewed my soap. You can read her comments at http://thesoapbar.blogspot.com/2009/06/mint-chocolate-by-lavande.html

When I started blogging it was to tell the stories behind each soap recipe. Soon I started writing about life snippets and my quest to discover healthy life alternatives. But now would be a good time to talk about my Mint Chocolate Chip soap. This one is near and dear to my heart for one reason. I LOVE chocolate! I am an absolute chocoholic more recently converted to dark chocolate because of the health benefits. But this is a no calorie alternative for me. I get real mixed comments from first time soap converts. Some think chocolate in the shower sounds terrible. And others think it looks good enough to eat. The truth is the cocoa butter in this soap adds wonderful light bubbles to the lather. It is absolutely luxurious on the skin. This soap has an extremely smooth texture. The spearmint essential oil blends with the cocoa butter to create light refreshing aroma. The aroma refreshes your mind while the soap soothes your skin.

2 comments:

  1. There are more and more soap makers using these minty flavours when making hand soaps, naturalising the bathing products even further!

    ReplyDelete