Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 Days of Gift Giving Deals-Days 8 & 9: Soap Balls and Shavings


Today and tomorrow I'm offering my soap balls and shavings ON SALE: $5 for a bag of shavings or two soap balls. Shop online now or keep reading.

From start to finish soap making is a handcrafted process. The final step of taking it out of the mold and cutting is quite time consuming. After I've cut the soap into the size bars I want, I plane the top of each bar of soap with a cheese cutter, then when it's smooth to my satisfaction I bevel all the edges, that way the soap is smooth in your hands from the very first use.

The byproduct of all this work is my scraps which have become some of my most popular items! I select the prettiest soap curls to put in bags for sale. My customers love to use these little soap shavings to make aromatic displays in their bathroom and they also double as single serve guest soaps. Even though soap is not a hospitable environment for harboring germs, for some people there's a preference for using their own bar of soap. Well here's your answer! One soap curl will be enough to lather up an entire person in the shower, in fact, they'll probably be in there a little longer attempting to use the whole piece!

With the smaller scraps, I hand mold them into soap balls. When I start making more soap in January I will be molding all my soap balls into an egg shape in preparation for spring. Last years egg soaps were wildly popular.

For the next two days you can purchase my soap balls, odd size soaps, and shavings ON SALE! Shavings are regularly $6 and Soap Balls are regularly $3. During the sale get two soap balls or a bag of shavings for $5. This is definitely by far the best value on my soaps, when considering ounce per $. Soap balls vary in weight but they are typically over 2 ounces and the bags of shavings are over 4.5 ounces.

Mint Chocolate Chip Soap Balls

Bags of Soap Shavings


Mint Chip Shavings and Soap Balls displayed in dish.


Mint Chocolate Chip Soap Balls and Shavings in this Estate Canister from Willow House. This filled canister is available for $25 or purchase your own empty one from Willow House.


A basket of soap balls wrapped and ready for gift giving, I have several available for $25 each.

Place orders online, by phone at 208-761-9775, or by email.


No comments:

Post a Comment